- The Engagement Manager seeks to understand our customer’s needs, their business, how success is defined, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in delivery and developing valued solutions.
- The Engagement Manager (EM) will oversee multiple project implementations and act as an escalation point throughout the complete project life cycle.
- The Engagement Manager may also be responsible for working with the Account Executives to develop a solution that addresses the client’s needs, as needed.
- Engagement Managers lead individuals, teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals, creating a plan to achieve those goals, and then driving the PPM team members, customer Stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third parties to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
- Engagement Managers are responsible for high level management of scope, schedule, and cost.
- Our Engagement Managers leverage PPM’s delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources.
- Engagement Managers must leverage their management and leadership capabilities to successfully deliver to their team(s) plan, proactively identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion, while exceeding customer expectations.
- Support sales and scoping efforts ensuring the proposed engagement falls in line with company policy, processes, and profitability goals
- Manage the account transition from Sales to Services ensuring resource assignments, contracts and internal tools are in place for successful project kick-off.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure control and communication of project budget, scope, schedule, progress, and risks.
- Follow SmartServices Methodology based on PMI in the areas of scope, risk, issue, change, communication and schedule management
- Guide and educate clients on the SmartPlant software implementation methodology for deploying enterprise packaged software systems.
- Point of contact for escalated issues, assisting the Project Managers in forming strategies and solutions to avoid negative financial impacts
- Responsible for all aspects of our services business including: customer satisfaction, delivery and operations, recruiting and staff development
- Coach and mentor project managers, business analysts and consultants as needed.
- PMP and Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on project management experience
- Minimum 5 years of COTS/packaged software implementation project management experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing large, complex projects
- Experience with SmartPlant Enterprise products preferred
- Lead and motivate others, have a high level of selling and customer/partner service skills and have the ability to think strategically
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Incremental)
- Expertise with standard scheduling tools like MS Project
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interface effectively with employees and customers of all levels
- Experience implementing projects in a variety of industries including Oil and Gas, Power, Chemical
- Experience working in a Pre-Sales capacity
- Expertise developing complex Statements of Work
- Ability to manage people, across a distributed geography
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend, and maintain senior client relationships
- Travel required (15%+/-) within U.S.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed